Beakerhead is back #intheloop!
From September 13-19th something slippery and tentacled will slither over Marda Loop Village at 33rd Avenue and 20th Street SW before relocating to the main Beakerhead venue at Prince’s Island for the finale.
Enjoy #beakerhead2019 themed business activations during this time including:
– The “Seoul Bowl” at Pacific Poke
– Kids activities and art programs from 5-8PM at Marda Loop Art&Play – call ahead to book.
– Sound focussed yoga classes Yoga & Meditation Centre of Calgary.
– Monster cupcakes and macarons at 8Cakes.
– Seafood pot pies with an otherworldly touch Pie Cloud in the Marda Loop Mercantile
– Enjoy a “smooth your tentacles” promotion Swish Salon – call ahead to book.
Marda Loop’s tentacled guest will be one of a handful of Community Beacon sites that preview and kick-off Beakerhead. The popular festival of eclectic workshops and spectator-pleasing shows runs September 18-22 and culminates on Saturday, September 21 with a Spectacle of fire-breathing monsters, roaming engineered contraptions and contemporary curiosities at Prince’s Island Park.
That’s where our tentacled visitor will join last year’s Marda Loop guest Lilly Monster and many other wonders and oddities.
For more information and for tickets to other events, visit www.beakerhead.com