Pet Pageant 2021 – Contest (“The Contest”)
Contest Entry Page https://www.visitmardaloop.com/mardagras/pet-pageant/
Contest Voting Page https://www.visitmardaloop.com/mardagras/pet-pageant/
Official Contest Rules and Regulations
This contest is only eligible for Alberta residents and is governed by Canadian law and the laws of the Province of Alberta.
1. The pet pageant photo shoot will take place on August 8th, from 10AM-5PM. LOCATION TBD.
The voting period of the contest begins on Monday August 9th, 2021 at 12:00am MT and ends on Tuesday August 17th, 2021 at 11:59pm MT.
2. The contest is open to all Alberta residents who are over 18 years of age at the time of entry, excluding employees of, immediate family members of, or those residing with an employee of Marda Loop BIA and each of their respective affiliates and their advertising and promotional agencies, may enter. “Immediate family” is defined as an individual’s parent(s), legal guardian(s), sibling(s), children or spouse.
How to Enter
3. To participate in this contest you must:
a. “Entrants” must fill out the form and submit photos on the contest page to be entered into the contest. Marda Loop BIA reserves the right to refuse any submission if it does not meet the contest requirements or is deemed to be inappropriate for display. By entering, you give Marda Loop BIA permission to share your photos for promotional purposes. Submissions are $25 and go directly to Tails of Help.
b. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY: Send your entry by mail to with the “to” line “Marda Gras Pet Pageant 2021”. Content must include:
i. Your Full Name
ii. Your Email Address
iii. Your Phone Number
iv. Pet’s Name
v. Pet’s Age
vi. Interesting Information About Your Pet
vii. Pet’s Species
viii. A printed Photo Of Your Pet
ix. Written Acknowledgement Of Contest Rules & Regulations (“Yes, I have read and agree to the contest RULES & REGULATIONS”)
4. Your Contest Photo or video must comply with the following specifications (the “Photo Entry Specifications”):
a. be your original creation, and be a photograph or video taken solely by you. Reproducing, modifying, enhancing or altering a third party’s pre-existing work does not qualify as your original creation;
b. not violate the rights of any third party, including, but not limited to copyright. For example, your Contest Photo must not defame, infringe or violate publicity or privacy rights of any person, living or deceased, or otherwise infringe upon any person’s, entity’s or organization’s personal or proprietary rights, including but not limited to, intellectual property rights. For greater certainty, your Contest Photo must not contain trademarks, logos, or trade dress owned by anyone other than Marda Loop BIA, or advertise or promote any brand or product of any kind, without express, written, prior permission of the trademark or brand owner;
c. not have previously been used commercially, submitted to another competition or contest, or won any other award;
d. be in “good taste” and in keeping with the Marda Loop BIA’s brand image and must not be explicit, offensive, obscene, or profane, and must not be derogatory toward any ethnicity, race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, profession, or age group, or promote any activities that may be unsafe or dangerous, as determined by the Marda Loop BIA, in its sole and absolute discretion;
e. not contain any commercial content that promotes any product or service;
f. not defame, misrepresent or contain disparaging remarks about Marda Loop BIA or its products;
g. not be false, inaccurate or misleading;
h. not violate any law or regulation;
i. not be libelous, threatening or harassing;
j. not instigate others to commit illegal activities or violate human rights; and
k. not contain any viruses, worms, or other interfering computer programming.
5. Winner will be selected based on highest number of contest votes upon the Contest voting period, ending August 17th, 2021 at 11:59pm MT. The first, second and third runner-up will be chosen on August 18th, 2021. In the event or suspected event of tampering, unauthorized intervention, or fraud is deemed to have occurred, Marda Loop BIA reserves the right to cancel, suspend, withdraw or amend this Contest or any Entrants’ submissions in any way without prior notice or obligation.
6. Before being declared a winner: The selected entrant will be contacted via the email address they have provided and notified that they are eligible to win. The selected entrant must reply via email within one (3) business day of notification. The selected entrant must then correctly answer a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question.
If a selected entrant: (i) cannot be contacted by email within one (3) calendar days of selection or there is a return of any prior notification as undeliverable; (ii) fails to correctly answer the skill-testing question; or (iii) fails to return the contest documents within the specified time, the he/she will be disqualified and will forfeit the prize, and Marda Loop BIA reserves the right to select an alternate entrant from among the remaining eligible entries.
The following Prize is available to be won:
Prizing for winners includes three gift baskets from Marda Loop businesses valued between $50 and $250.00.
Any costs or expenses incurred by the Winner in claiming or using the Prize (including, without limitation, licence, insurance and registration) will be the responsibility of the Winner. Prizes must be accepted as awarded and are not transferable or convertible to cash. No substitutions except at Marda Loop BIA’s option. Marda Loop BIA reserves the right to substitute a prize or a prize component with one of equal or greater value, including without limitation, but solely in Marda Loop BIA’s discretion, a cash award.
8. By entering the Contest, each entrant agrees to abide by these Contest Rules. This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws. Void where prohibited by law. The decisions of Marda Loop BIA with respect to all aspects of this Contest are final and binding on all entrants without right of appeal. This Contest and the application or interpretation of the Official Contest Rules and Regulations shall be governed by the applicable laws of Canada and of the Province of Alberta, and each Entrant irrevocably attorns to the jurisdiction of the courts of the Province of Alberta.
9. By participating in the Contest, the Entrant hereby REMISES AND RELEASES Marda Loop BIA, its respective heirs, successors, employees, officers, directors, contractors, assigns, agents and representatives, its parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertisers, insurers and promotion and fulfillment agencies, its legal advisors and its owners (each considered “Releasees”) of and from any and all manners of action, causes of action, suits, debts, costs, claims, damages and demands arising out of or in consequence to any loss, injury or damage to the Entrant’s person or property, including death, damage or injury incurred or suffered by the Entrant while creating the Entry, participating in the Contest, claiming the Prize, using or misusing of the Prize or possessing the Prize, notwithstanding that any such loss, personal injury, death, property damage or claim based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy may have arisen by reason of the negligence of the Releasees.
10. By participating in the Contest, the Entrant AGREES TO INDEMNIFY AND SAVE HARMLESS each of the Releasees of and from any and all manners of action, proceedings, claims, costs, losses, damages, expenses, legal fees on a solicitor or own-client basis, or demands whatsoever that may be brought against the Releasees or any or all of them, or which they may sustain, pay or incur as a result of, arising out of, in connection with or in consequence to participation in the Contest, claiming the Prize, using or misusing the Prize, possessing the Prize or any activities incidental thereto, including as a result of the Entrant’s negligence or the negligence of the Releasees. By participating in the Contest, the Entrant agrees to fully indemnify, without limitation, the Releasees from any and all claims relating to the Contest by third parties.
11. Marda Loop BIA reserves the right to cancel, suspend, withdraw or amend this Contest in any way, without prior notice or obligation, in the event of an error, technical problem, computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failure or any other cause beyond the reasonable control of Marda Loop BIA that interferes with the proper conduct of this Contest as contemplated by these Contest Rules. Any attempt to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Marda Loop BIA or reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution.
12. You must warrant that your Contest Photo meets the Photo Entry Specifications, set out above. Marda Loop BIA reserves the right to deem ineligible and exclude from the Contest any Contest Photo that Marda Loop BIA, in its sole and absolute discretion, determines does not meet the Photo Entry Specifications. Your right to submit a Contest Photo must not be restricted in any way. You must be able to provide legal releases for use of your Contest Photo by Marda Loop BIA in any format, and materials related to the Contest, including in relation to any third party’s name, likenesses or work (“Third Party Elements”) included in your Contest Photo.
13. By participating in the Contest, the Entrant: (a) grants to Marda Loop BIA the right to use his/her name and e-mail address and phone number (“Personal Information”) for the purpose of administering the Contest, including but not limited to contacting and announcing the Winner; and acknowledges that Marda Loop BIA may disclose his/her Personal Information to third-party agents and service providers in for the purpose of administering the contest.
14. You acknowledge that your Contest Photo will immediately appear on the contest page after it is submitted and may appear in other electronic and print materials related to the Contest, including promotional materials. By posting a Contest Photo, you irrevocably, perpetually, and without limitation, grant Marda Loop BIA the right to use, publish, adapt, sub-license, edit, dispose of, and/or modify such Contest Photo and the concepts and Third Party Elements embodied therein in any way, in commerce, and in any and all media worldwide in electronic and print materials related to the Contest, and waive all your rights, including moral rights, in the Contest Photo, without notice or compensation, and agree that you may be required to sign a release to that effect.
15. All Entries are subject to verification at any time and for any reason. Marda Loop BIA reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to require proof of identity and/or eligibility (in a form acceptable to Marda Loop BIA – including, without limitation, government issued photo identification): (i) for the purposes of verifying an individual’s eligibility to participate in this Contest; (ii) for the purposes of verifying the eligibility and/or legitimacy of any Entry entered (or purportedly entered) for the purposes of this Contest; and/or (iii) for any other reason Marda Loop BIA deems necessary, in its sole and absolute discretion, for the purposes of administering this Contest in accordance with these Rules. Failure to provide such proof to the satisfaction of Marda Loop BIA in a timely manner may result in disqualification in the sole and absolute discretion of Marda Loop BIA.
16. By entering the Contest each entrant grants to Marda Loop BIA, in perpetuity, a non-exclusive license to publish, display, reproduce, modify, edit or otherwise use his/her photo and entry in whole or in part, for advertising or promoting the Contest or for any other reason; (ii) waives all moral rights in and to his/her photo and entry in favour of Marda Loop BIA; and (iii) agrees to release and hold harmless the Contest Parties and each of their respective agents, employees, directors, successors, and assigns (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all claims based on publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy, copyright infringement, trade-mark infringement or any other intellectual property related cause of action that relate in any way to the entry. For greater certainty and the avoidance of any doubt, Marda Loop reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion and at any time, to modify, edit or disqualify any entry if a complaint is received with respect to the entry, or for any other reason. If such an action is necessary at any point, then Marda Loop BIA reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to disqualify the entry and/or the associated entrant. If Marda Loop BIA determines, in its sole and absolute discretion, that any entry does not comply with these Rules for any reason at any time, then Marda Loop BIA reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to disqualify the entry and/or the associated entrant.
17. Any attempt or suspected attempt to use robotic, automatic, programmed, or otherwise, illicit means to enter or vote, or any other methods not authorized by these Contest Rules, shall be deemed as tampering and may disqualify you from entering, participating, winning prizes (defined herein), and preclude you from participating in future contests and promotions, at the sole discretion of Marda Loop BIA. Entries that are late, lost, stolen, illegible, contain false information, are damaged, misdirected, mutilated, garbled or incomplete, altered or otherwise irregular or that do not conform with or satisfy any or all of the conditions these rules will be judged void. All Entries become the property of Marda Loop BIA upon receipt and none will be returned. Proof of transmission (screenshots or captures, etc.) does not constitute proof of receipt.
18. Without limitation, Marda Loop BIA, its advertising and promotion agencies and the Contest judges will not be liable for any failure of the website during the Contest; for an technical malfunction or other problems relating to the telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment or software; for the failure of any Entry to be received by the Marda Loop BIA, its advertising or promotion agencies for any reason including, but not limited to, technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website; or any combination of the above. Further, Marda Loop, its advertising and promotion agencies and the Contest judges will not be liable for any injury or damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating or downloading any material in the Contest.
19. In the event of a dispute, Entries will be deemed to have submitted by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the person who is assigned an email address by an internet provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g. business, educational institute, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. If the identity of an online entrant is disputed, the authorized account holder associated with the email account at the time of entry will be deemed to be the entrant. A selected entrant may be required to provide proof that he/she is the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the selected Entry.
21. Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or in association with Facebook.