Stay Safe, Support Local
Updated April 13, 2020
During this uncertain time, we would like to let you know that the well-being of all Marda Loop residents, visitors, workers and businesses is of the utmost importance to the Marda Loop BIA.
Many of our shops and services remain open for pick-up and delivery, phone and online orders, respecting public health directives. Our grocery and food retailers are open. Other businesses are online or working from home.
Follow updates on our Facebook, Instagram and Twitter pages @visitmardaloop, and contact your favourite businesses directly. We encourage you to look to local business as much as possible if you need to shop.
- Shop online or via phone. Some of our retailers have online shopping available and others can help you over the phone. If you aren’t sure, call and ask.
- When stocking up (but please don’t stockpile) do so at smaller and local shops instead of larger busier ones.
- If you do not need anything specific at the moment but still want to support local, buy gift cards to spend later in our various businesses and restaurants. How about some early Christmas shopping?
- For restaurants, order takeout or delivery and tip the same amount as you would dining in.
- If you aren’t sure how you can support your favourite local businesses, call them or ask them on social media. Many have come up with innovative ideas to keep their business running during this difficult time.
- Share this post and information widely so others know how to help.
- Do you have any other great ideas? Let us know.
First and foremost, prioritize and take all health and safety precautions for yourself and others in our community.
Looking ahead, we are still planning for Marda Gras in August. After all this, it should be a great party! Keep an eye on our website and follow our social channels @visitmardaloop for more news and updates.
If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to contact us via our website at www.visitmardaloop.com
Thanks for your continued support,
Marda Loop BIA