Stay Safe, Support Local
During this uncertain time, we would like to reach out and let you know that the well-being of all Marda Loop residents, visitors, workers and businesses is of the utmost importance to the Marda Loop BIA.
As of now, most of our businesses remain open, and during a time of precaution, we continue to appreciate the support from our community for our local businesses.
We will be informing the public of plans our businesses have as well as updates as much as possible on our Facebook, Instagram and Twitter pages @visitmardaloop. We encourage you to look to local business as much as possible if you need to shop.
Marda Loop restaurants and shops are taking extra steps to ensure their spaces are clean and safe for customers. We ask that you do your part by following guidance from public health officials regarding social distancing and proper health etiquette if visiting businesses and public spaces.
If you are not able to visit stores and restaurants in person, there are still things you can do to support our small and local businesses:
- Shop online or via phone. Some of our retailers have online shopping available and others can help you over the phone. If you aren’t sure, call and ask.
- When stocking up (but please don’t stockpile) do so at smaller and local shops instead of larger busier ones.
- If you do not need anything specific at the moment but still want to support local, buy gift cards to spend later in our various businesses and restaurants. How about some early Christmas shopping?
- For restaurants, order takeout or delivery and tip the same amount as you would dining in.
- If you aren’t sure how you can support your favourite local businesses, call them or ask them on social media. Many have come up with innovative ideas to keep their business running during this difficult time.
- Share this post and information widely so others know how to help.
- Do you have any other great ideas? Let us know.
First and foremost, prioritize and take all health and safety precautions for yourself and others in our community.
Looking ahead, we are still planning for Marda Gras in August. After all this, it should be a great party! We have cancelled our April Eggfest (updated). Keep an eye on our website and follow our social channels @visitmardaloop for more news and updates.
If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to contact us via our website at www.visitmardaloop.com
Thanks for your continued support,
Marda Loop BIA